Social Media Monitoring has been the focus of a podcast series released over the last few weeks in the wake of Google’s announcement they’ll be retiring Google Reader.
As the producer of an online social media monitoring course
based on Google Reader, I’ve been intently evaluating free Google reader alternatives such as Feedly
. After an in depth evaluation of these two contenders, I also wrote a post
comparing them for Venture Beat last Friday.
While Salesforce Marketing Cloud, which bundles Radian6, Buddy Media and Social.com, isn’t free, in the quest for thoroughness, I decided to include their offering on this evaluation to check in and see what’s new over there.
Radian6 is the monitoring and engagement module, Buddy Media is the publishing platform and Social.com (acquired by Buddy Media) as a way to manage paid social media campaigns. They’re currently in the process of integrating those three platforms seamlessly together.
What was most interesting to me about our conversation about CRM software, the primary business Salesforce is in. Imagine the KPIs you could generate if they acquired a company like Quicken or Sage and integrated it with their CRM and Marketing Cloud products. The, in my opinion, would a big data trifecta.
Social Media Monitoring Topics Discussed:
- Top of the sales funnel lead generation content marketing
- Brian Solis’s cluster funnel analogy
- Understanding the content funnel
- Creating content that solves the customers problems
- Using content marketing to make sales reps more productive
- How to motivate service agents
- Social media is always a hot topic
- Integrating online sales and marketing through lead scoring
- Winning purchase consideration through the best educational materials
- Third-party semantic analysis products available in Radian6
- Number of Radian6 customers
- Richard Binhammer’s social media avalanche analogy
- Radian6’s social media monitoring features
About the Podcaster:
is Founder and CEO of online social media training
provider Comply Socially
, which helps employers manage the risk and capitalize on the opportunities of social media in the workplace.
He is also an independent communications consultant for hire to businesses, global nonprofits, the US Military, US Federal government agencies and foreign governments. His consulting services include digital strategy, social media audits, social media policy development, online public relations, social media marketing, search engine optimization and web development.
Schwartzman founded iPRSoftware
, his best-selling book "Social Marketing to the Business Customer
" is the first book devoted exclusively to social media for business-to-business communications, and he's founding chair of the Digital Impact Conference
Permalink | Email this post
Powered by Disqus