In this episode, sponsored by IBM Big Data
, Dr. Marc Teerlink
, Global Strategist & Data Scientist talks about separating the signal from the noise, using the past to predict the future and social media monitoring for ROI.
When you're dealing with Big Data, finding KPIs is tougher because there's more information to consider, so it's easier to get off course. We spoke to Marc will he was a drift, charting an unknown nautical course.
In this episode, Marc discusses:
- How to use social media monitoring tools to prove a positive ROI
- Why you can't predict the future based on the past, despite the fact that so many organizations try.
- How Watson tells the difference between "write," "Mrs. Wright" and "right now."
- Overcoming challenges associated with visualizing Big Data patterns.
- Using the source of the data to disqualify erroneous speculation.
- Why listening to teenagers is particularly challenging in the age of Big Data.
- Why sentiment is particularly ill-suited to predicting outcomes.
- Using impact, influence, sentiment and intent to make more confident predictions.
And much, much more.
Permalink | Email this post
Powered by Disqus