If you couldn’t make it to Paris for Le Web
on Dec. 8-9, 2010, this podcast gives you all the major announcements and insights in one, terrific, jam-packed episode I think you’ll enjoy.
and I recap the highlights and announcements made at Le Web 2010 in Paris, as well as some of the lessons we learned at the conference.
- The latest statistics on Foursquare usage, growth rates and what they charge for custom badges from co-founder Dennis Crowley, as well as how they plan to compete against Facebook Places.
- Facebook Connect usage, growth rates and installed base from Ethan Beard, Director of the Developer Network at Facebook, as well as Facebook’s number of users in the UK, France, Italy and Germany.
- Marissa Mayer’s Android 2.3 Gingerbread demo of Google Maps on the new Samsung Nexus S
- Pet Society’s sales volume and the free to paid social gaming conversion rates they’re seeing from Sebastien de Halleux, Co-Founder, Playfish & VP, Business Development & Strategic Partnerships, EA Interactive.
- Number of paid and unpaid Angry Birds downloads announced by Mikael Hed, CEO of Rovio.
- Gary Vaynerchuk and Loic Lemeur’s insights on how the velocity of social media interaction can be used to either escalate or diminish engagement levels, and what that means for organizations.
- Matthias Lufkens on Twitter Diplomacy and how government officials with Twitter accounts are too often undiplomatic , and probably don’t even know it.
- Gabe Rivera of Tech Meme’s insightful comment about what Wikileaks means for the #gov20 space.
- The keynote by Carlos Gohsn, Chairman & CEO of Renault S.A. & Nissan on how the human desire for autonomy impacts the way networks evolve.
, Scott Monty
, John Wall
, Christopher S. Penn
, Chris Brogan
, Marissa Mayer
, Robert Scoble
, Bertrand Piccard
, Ricardo Sousa
, Adam Curry
, Stephanie Booth
, Gary Vaynerchuk
, Veronica Belmont
, Marketing Over Coffee
ABOUT THE PODCASTER @EricSchwartzman
provides social media training
and social media governance
to public relations, public affairs, corporate communications and marketing specialists. He has extensive experience integrating emerging information technologies into organizational communications programs through public speaking, hands-on training seminars, consulting and the development of corporate policies on social media usage.
His clients have included Boeing, BYU, City National Bank, Environmental Defense Fund, Government of Singapore, Johnson & Johnson, NORAD Northcomm, Southern California Edison, UCLA, US Dept. of State, United States Army, US Embassy of Athens, the United States Marine Corps and many small to medium-sized companies and agencies.
Eric is the instructor behind PRSA’s top-rated social media training
seminars, the Social Media Boot Camp
and the Social Media Master Class
, which are offered monthly in the US.
His book "Social Marketing to the Business Customer" with Paul Gillin about B2B applications of social media communications is available at Amazon
, Barnes & Noble or Borders
Permalink | Email this post
Powered by Disqus
About the Podcaster
is Founder and CEO of Comply Socially
, which helps employers manage the risks and capitalize on the opportunities of social media in the workplace through self-paced, online social media training courses.